Friday, March 29, 2013

CMN RADIOTHON- 3/8/13

This year, I was so sad that we "missed" radiothon. It is another yearly CMN even that we participate in. It is held at the hospital, where Mateo spent 71 days in the NICU, and where we frequent the pediatric unit. There are CMN reps, and radio personalities who spend 2 full days sharing what CMN is and what they do for families like ours. Miracle families stop in to visit, do live radio interviews, or record interviews to be played back on the radio. We have recorded interviews and every year we usually do a live one as well. I also like to give back by spending a few hours in the phone bank answering calls and taking donations.
Well this year, during the day off from work I took for Radiothon, we ended up at Doernbecher Childrens for Mateo's endoscopy. I was so sad that we couldn't help out this year, or even make an appearance. Well on the last day of radiothon, I was at work and the kids were with Aunt Tami.. She took them to the hospital, to Radiothon! Mateo made his appearance and even did his radio interview!! I am so thankful to my aunt for taking him, and for him for being do brave and sharin his story with out me!!                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment