Wednesday, March 2, 2011

GREAT GASTRO APPT

Mateo had a follow up with his gastroenterologsit at Doernbechers yesterday. It was a GREAT appointment. Mateo weighed in at 32lbs 1.1oz and he is 3 feet tall. His growth chart looks amazing. Dr Terry said that this is because of the surgery (Step Procedure) that pediatric Surgeon Dr Wadie recommended for Mateo back in October of last year! So it was well worth it! Mateo is doing exceptionally well!
As for changes, we didn't have to do any labs, which I was greatful for. She said to decrease his g-tube feedings to 3 nights a week, but to have a weight check done in 3 weeks to be sure he is still gaining. If he is, I am to call her with the weight and she will decrease him by another day until he is completely off g-tube feeds!!! We are making such good progress!
After this, in 4-6 weeks, we do need to get labs done, to make sure all of his levels stay consistant since we are making some drastic changes to his diet.
And, we don't have to go back to Doernbecher for 3 months!
Mateo is such a strong and brave little boy. Every day I look at him and I see a fighter. He has been through more in the last 2 years than I have in my entire 28 years of life, and he is still as happy as can be with a smile on his face! I couldn't be more blessed. :) I love love love this lil man with all my heart and soul. I am so very proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment